Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Being Young VS Geting Old

1. 50 out of 150

2. Summary:
Scientists have focus on extending human life span for decades and they have already found some ways to slow down the aging process. As a result, the average human life span have been increased a lot. However, there is still a question, can cell aging be halted or reversed? The article suggests several methods, like, eating less, genetic tinkering and get married. These tips may help people to live longer and healthier.

3. My opinion about extending life:
Personally, I just want to live naturally. If I can stay healthy and have a clear mind when I am 100 years old, I'll glad to continue my life. If I feel weak and lack of energy, also my brain refuses to work, I'd rather die peacefully. I want to be an independent and useful senior instead of being a troublesome old lady. Further I'd rather spend rest of my life with my husband than live alone by myself. That will be terrible. I can barely stand a lonely life. Just like what Husain said at today's class, everyone has own destiny. Maybe what we can do is just to face it and try our best to finish our destiny. Making full use of our lives is the most important thing, live longer and healthier.

4. My article:
http://longevity.about.com/od/agingproblems/Solutions_for_Aging_Problems_and_Concerns.htm

This is not a very long article but very useful. As we all know, the aging problem became global. Senior have to face a lot of concerns and problems. This article list several common questions that senior may meet at their age and also provide some suggestions and solutions, which are useful and helpful. Senior have made efforts and contributions to our society during their youth, now they are getting older and weaker. It is not fair for them to face these problems alone.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, living without health means horrible life. Try from now to be healthy to reach 100 years old. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting old sounds sad T-T but it's an obvious fact that no one can against it. I hope there would be some ways to make everybody feel fair about aging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOD i posted a comment earlier but it didnt go through, i hate this site :(
    never mind me lol
    am surprised that you really want to get to 100, not too many people though would love to get to this age even if your in a good health, you wouldnt like it when you see your people around you pass away one after another and it is like your waiting for your turn, i mean psychologically it might be a problem but since you want it i will pray for you to reach 200 :D

    Well done, nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I want to be a not only wise and healthy senior to help younger people and be helped sometimes. Thanks for your good opinion.

    ReplyDelete