Friday, February 26, 2010

Turkey



When people mentions about American food, turkey comes up first. Thanks Giving is one of the biggest celebrations in American culture. After I came here, Thanks Giving approached soon. Therefore I have a chance to taste the traditional American style turkey.

My aunt has prepared the turkey for several days. She brought it from a supermarket, and cleaned it. Then she also injected it for adding flavors. When it finished, really looks good and taste good.

My American friend told me, now they prefer to say,"Happy Turkey Day" than " Happy Thanks Giving." The reason is that "Thanks Giving" sounds more religion while "Turkey Day" sounds normal.

I enjoy turkey and Turkey Day here. There are also many other American food. I like to try different food. It's like an adventure for me. Thus I'll try my best to taste all the American food later.

6 comments:

  1. Yummy, I didn't have the chance to eat Turkey on Thanks Giving Day. Hopefully, I'll try all the traditional food of U.S :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm.... I only have to wait 9 more months for Thanksgiving . . . . :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I have had 2 Thanksgivings in US, I haven't have Turkey party :( Because when I and my friends look at a turkey, we are afraid that we can't finish it =)) So, we didn't have turkey in Thanksgiving day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love turkey too~ Hope will be in the United States this Thanksgiving> <

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've put something on Wendy, Sherry, Vivian's wall.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! I didn't thought about turkey at all... You're right! :)

    ReplyDelete